This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Is this a gcc bug?
- To: <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Is this a gcc bug?
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 02:29:10 +0000 (GMT)
- cc: <Anshil at gmx dot net>, <aoliva at redhat dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 email@example.com wrote:
> So the question is, should an error message like this try to educate,
> or just take the simple minded non-determinstic viewpoint.
The manual already documents sequence points (under -Wsequence-point) -
perhaps error messages that might confuse should reference the manual
rather than attempting to do their own education within the constraints of
an error message of reasonable length?
Joseph S. Myers