Linus Torvalds

Hello Linus if you're reading this, I've been trying to contact you through
torvalds@transmeta.com but so far without luck, I wanted to speak with you
about the kernel's string library. You say it's buggy in the comments, as it
happens I've written the whole C strings library, are you interested in
seeing it? Those functions as inline asm string functions for x86 are also
in development, won't be ready for a couple of weeks yet though, but I don't
see any need to replace the inliners that are already there. The C language
string functions look good, but over the course of a year I have put a great
deal of effort into the string library I wrote which conforms to the
documented C string functions as they are in "The C Programming Language"
2nd Ed, K & R. I'm not sure if you think the "bugs" are serious enough to
warrant replacement of the whole string library for the kernel, so I thought
I'd ask anyway.

Best Regards,
James Buchanan

james@spunkysoftware.com