This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Removal of support for GCC hosted on UWIN
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, nik at tiuk dot ti dot com
- Subject: Re: Removal of support for GCC hosted on UWIN
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 09:03:20 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
<<So if one considers UWIN an operating system (as the phase
"hosted on UWIN" implies) why the prohibition?
What is it about UWIN that is different from SunOS or HPUX - or come
to that Mingw32 where we don't have the source to MS's C runtime.
(Being devils advocate mainly - just to try and under stand
what GCC folk understand by GPL.)
The GCC folk understand nothing more and nothing less than what the
license says. Now as to the *intepretation* of that license, i.e.
exactly what the exception means, that's subject to discussion, and
since there is no case law here, no one can speak with absolute
legal authority. As with any license agreement, ultimately the terms
have to be interpreted by a judge or jury :-)