This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: segfault in __libc_start_main when compiling f77 and c code together?
- To: Britton <fsblk at aurora dot uaf dot edu>
- Subject: Re: segfault in __libc_start_main when compiling f77 and c code together?
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 02:08:51 +0100
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: Moene Computational Physics, Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
- References: <Pine.OSF.email@example.com>
> I have asked around to try to determine the cause of this problem and been
> told that it often comes up when gcc is used to compile c++ code, so mayby
> something like that is going on here?
Perhaps you could answer some questions related to this problem:
1. Which language is providing the main program - i.e. is it a Fortran
program calling C routines or vice versa.
2. When the calling program is Fortran, are you sure the arrays in the
main program are not larger than your virtual memory (i.e. RAM+SWAP)
Toon Moene - mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
Join GNU Fortran 95: http://g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)