This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Branching for GCC 3.0
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at racerx dot synopsys dot com>
- Subject: Re: Branching for GCC 3.0
- From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 17:34:41 +0000
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: Red Hat UK Ltd.
- References: <200101081726.JAA27585@racerx.synopsys.com>
Joe Buck wrote:
> > If gcc is branched now, does this mean that the libgcc ABI is now set
> > in stone?
> It was our intention to have an ABI that would live for a long time or
> at least be backward-compatible. So anything that conflicts with that
> needs to be resolved in a hurry.
Thinking about another option, would there be any difficulties with ABI
changes for targets that don't use a shared libgcc? Presumably not since
it's the same as before?
Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223) 271062
Un cheval, pas du glue. Pas du cheval, beaucoup du glue. || Opinions==mine