This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Branching for GCC 3.0
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: Branching for GCC 3.0
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 08:44:54 -0700
- cc: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: law at redhat dot com
In message <20010107145939R.firstname.lastname@example.org>you write:
> It's the usual volunteer-driven thing; there's been eons of time to
> get 64-bit Ultrasparc into GCC, and if it hasn't happenned yet, that
> can only indicate that it is either hard, or that nobody has been
> terribly motivated.
That is the core of the problem. The subreg patch is big and touches
just about every file that deals with RTL if I understand correctly.
Getting someone to review a patch of that magnitude is tough.