This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Trigraph warnings when compiling linux-2.4.0-prerelease1
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: Trigraph warnings when compiling linux-2.4.0-prerelease1
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at racerx dot synopsys dot com>
- Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 15:17:10 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: torvalds at transmeta dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, per at bothner dot com
> <<Thanks for alerting us to this documentation bug.> >>
> Boy, Joe, you really love the word bug don't you?
I deliberately use it more often than some others do. If something isn't
the way that it should be, I think we should admit it and use the "bug"
word. Otherwise we all sound like Bill Gates claiming that Microsoft
software had no bugs.
The language is poorly chosen for either intended meaning.