This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Copyright years
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu, moene at knmi dot nl
- Subject: RE: Copyright years
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 08:08:39 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
<<I think recent legal changes (dealing with "compilation copyright") has made
the practice of listing years where no changes were made just because a
release was made as dubious.
Indeed, very dubious, as in quite wrong! If no actual text was authored in
a given year, it is quite wrong to create that any copyrightable elements
were created in that year.