This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: g77 for OSX
- To: "Newbern, Scott" <Newbern at aerovironment dot com>
- Subject: Re: g77 for OSX
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 13:37:38 -0800
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <n1235852194.31960@aerovironment.com>
"Newbern, Scott" wrote:
>
> I'm playing with the OSX beta and XTools.
> I want to see if I can make some old Unix / X-win engineering tools work on OSX.
> Much of the code is fortran.
>
> Has anyone tried making g77 for OSX?
I've heard from a couple people tinkering with it, but no successes
so far. Since Apple's version of GCC is very different from the FSF
version, your best bet is to take Apple's sources and glue in the
base 2.95.2 Fortran frontend.
There has been some discussion on the Darwin development list
darwin-development@lists.apple.com. If you're interested in OS X
tool hacking, that's the best place to be, not least because a
bunch of Apple folks actively participate.
Stan