GCC 2.95.2 Windows NT Configure Batch File

Hi,

I have tried to build GCC 2.95.2 on my Windows NT 4. Problem is
the configure batch file in directory /gcc-2.95.2/gcc can't invoke the
other batch files that it needs. I get a message saying "1 file
copied" twice, and then 8 or so messages saying "the command is
not recognised as a command or operable batch file" or something
very similar to this.

It seems as if the relative paths in the batch file aren't working. I
was thinking of writing a perl script to recursively walk through and
hack all the batch files to insert the full paths in all the batch files,
but I'm worried that this will break my batch files somehow. Also,
another possible solution is to put ALL the directories in my path
environment variable, then I am not sure if this would interfere with
the relative paths in the batch files.

Any help please? I REALLY want to build GCC 2.95.2 for my
Windoze box!!!

Best Regards,
James Buchanan