Re: download PRO*C

On Nov 22, 2000, "Balbeer Bhurjhee" <bbalbeer@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Can you please let me know from where can I download Pro*C C
> precompiler for Windows98 or Windows2000 version so that I can
> access Oracle 8i database.

No, I can't.  AFAIK, this Pro*C C you're talking about has nothing to
do with GCC, so this is definitely not the best place to ask about it.

> The other thing I was wondering, that can I access a C program
> written on linux and to access data from Oracle database.

You probably can, but I don't have the faintest idea about how to do
it.  Maybe it gets easier with some preprocessor like Pro*C C, but
it's certainly possible to code it by hand, connecting to the right
sockets, sending the right data sequences and decoding the replies
correctly.

AFAIK, Oracle runs on GNU/Linux, so you can presumably get them to
answer any questions you have about it.