This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: sun/os as release candidate was: Removal of V2 code
- To: Robert Lipe <robertlipe at usa dot net>
- Subject: Re: sun/os as release candidate was: Removal of V2 code
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 02:58:52 +0100 (CET)
- cc: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Robert Lipe wrote:
> Someone that cares about K&R could step up to the plate to add a cron
> job to do a nightly (or whatever) build on such a system.
Exactly. And if there's none left who cares about K&R, well, than at some
point in the future we should decide that this requirement will go away.
> Does anyone other than HP even still provide a K&R-only compiler? If
> so, since there are binary kits of GCC available for that target, has
> the time come for us to relax the K&R restriction for bootstrapping GCC
Personally, I wouldn't mind very much... (But we shouldn't do this
lightly and really check that no platforms in use break.)
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/