Re: sun/os as release candidate was: Removal of V2 code

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Robert Lipe wrote:
> Someone that cares about K&R could step up to the plate to add a cron
> job to do a nightly (or whatever) build on such a system.

Exactly. And if there's none left who cares about K&R, well, than at some
point in the future we should decide that this requirement will go away.

> Does anyone other than HP even still provide a K&R-only compiler?  If
> so, since there are binary kits of GCC available for that target, has
> the time come for us to relax the K&R restriction for bootstrapping GCC
> completely?

Personally, I wouldn't mind very much... (But we shouldn't do this
lightly and really check that no platforms in use break.)

Gerald