This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: i386 non-matching patterns
- To: tege at swox dot com (Torbjorn Granlund)
- Subject: Re: i386 non-matching patterns
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:09:39 +0000 (GMT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, user42 at zip dot com dot au
> The requirement that clobbered hard regs may not be explicitly
> mentioned in the combined pattern seems very strange. Can somebody
> please explain why this is needed?
The new instruction must not clobber a live hard register.
However, the test seems unable to detect any case where the register is
not live :-(