This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Questions about the CVS build process
- To: Eric Christopher <echristo at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Questions about the CVS build process
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at cygnus dot com>
- Date: 15 Nov 2000 10:28:21 -0700
- CC: Tkil <tkil at scrye dot com>, GCC Hackers <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3A1232C4.7B4BA95A@cygnus.com>
- Reply-To: tromey at cygnus dot com
>> 3. Is there a way that configure can detect that it's being run in
>> the source directory (instead of a sibling "build" directory of
>> some sort), and abort?
Eric> Probably could find a way to check it - I'm not sure if this
Eric> would be acceptable or a good idea though. Anyone have a
I thought building in the source directory was supported.
If not, I have a trivial patch to the toplevel configure which detects
this scenario and aborts. We use it for libgcj.