This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Automated testing framework (was: V3: SPARC bug and tree freeze)
- To: rms at gnu dot org
- Subject: Re: Automated testing framework (was: V3: SPARC bug and tree freeze)
- From: law at redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:29:17 -0700
- cc: aoliva at redhat dot com, guerby at acm dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: law at redhat dot com
In message <200011140722.AAA22852@wijiji.santafe.edu>you write:
> >> Please send this paragraph to email@example.com and he'll send you the
> >> appropriate forms.
> Please don't ask me, ask the GCC maintainers. Telling contributors
> what forms to use is part of a package maintainer's job.
Actually, since you refuse to publish this kind of stuff, I think it
is quite reasonable to send this stuff to you. You might then realize
that it does take a significant amount of time and that most of the
work can be eliminated by simply publishing the forms and instructions.
If people were making mistakes with the previous online instructions or
forms, then that means those instructions need to be clarified.