This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: V3 and Integrated CPP [was Re: V3 PATCH: Disable wide-character tests where necessary]
- To: geoffk at geoffk dot com
- Subject: Re: V3 and Integrated CPP [was Re: V3 PATCH: Disable wide-character tests where necessary]
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Thu, 9 Nov 00 06:23:45 EST
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
The problem with these two is that the primary use of --save-temps is
to generate a .i file which the maintainers can feed into cc1 to show
a bug. With the current arrangement, if the user sees a bug with
--save-temps then the maintainers should see it too because they are
running cc1 exactly the same way. With either of these, the
maintainers will be running cc1 differently to the user and the bug
I strongly agree with this.