Re: Switch to V3 library

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 02:23:01PM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> For the most part, I suggest looking at
> libstdc++-v3/config/os/{irix,solaris,aix} to see what you need to do
> in the configuration header files.  You will also need to change
> acinclude.m4 (search for irix/aix/solaris), and then regenerate using
> the sequence:
>
>   aclocal && autoconf && autoheader && automake

I would like to add two things at this point:

1)  Due to ongoing development of the autotools, we recommend using the
    snapshot placed in the file called 20000619-maintainer-tools.tar.gz
    in the libstdc++ ftp areas.  Choose your favorate mirror from the
    list on <URL:http://sources.redhat.com/mirrors.html>, e.g.,

    ftp://ftp.freesoftware.com/pub/sourceware/libstdc++/20000619-maintainer-tools.tar.gz

    Usually it won't make a diffierence, but if you run into problems when
    regenerating -v3 files, try using those.

2)  For platform-specific stuff, the file configure.host might also
    prove useful.  (So far it hasn't been *needed*, but you never know.)