This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: Why not gnat Ada in gcc?



  In message <20001102043245.C6D5334DAF@nile.gnat.com>you write:
  > <<First, you don't get to complain, if you haven't contributed a single
  > testcase that measures performance.  After you donate one, then you
  > can.  After you show us all how it's done, then we can follow your
  > lead.  I think it is trivial:
  > >>
  > 
  > Well I think you need to establish a performance testing framework, and
  > that's not as easy as it sounds. Constructing individual tests is not
  > that hard, and indeed in some cases the tests already exist, e.g. the
  > PIWG tests for Ada, and Spec tests for C.
Certainly.  And I think you'll start seeing some of that kind of infrastructure
being built out in the not too distant future.

jeff


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]