This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Why not gnat Ada in gcc?
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, law at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: Why not gnat Ada in gcc?
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 22:20:03 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: dstarner98 at aasaa dot ofe dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu, rms at gnu dot org
<<I disagree about the complexity keeping the number of developers small.
We have more active C++ developers now than ever, most have become active
since GCC development was opened up. Similarly for the rest of the compiler.
But the number of people making changes to the core of the front end of
g++ is quite small, indeed no larger than the group making changes to
GNAT. And that I think is quite expected.