This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: make bootstrap changes
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Subject: Re: make bootstrap changes
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: 07 Oct 2000 21:02:00 +0200
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <10010071041.AA15924@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
kenner@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu (Richard Kenner) writes:
[...]
| Who is in favor of retaining this change?
Having been bitten more than once by the new Makefiles, I can
sympathize with Kenner's confusion.
I'm not saying the new behaviour is useless, but I would like we have
something that defaults to the old behaviour and the new one available
by explicit request. If that is too complicated, I would not be
opposed to completly reverting to the old behaviour.
-- Gaby
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com