Re: TODO: egcs-g++

On 11 Apr 1999, Jason Merrill wrote:
> Would someone explain to me what anonymous structs are good for?  It seems
> like a totally pointless extension.
and later someone replied
> The WINE people were talking about trying to get support for anonymous
> structs into egcs.  The Windows headers seem to be littered with them

Indeed at http://www.cygnus.com/news/corel.html there is a press release
that describes a deal between Corel and Cygnus in the course of which
Cygnus will implement anonymous unions.

At http://www.integrita.com/cgi-local/lwgate.pl/WINE-DEVEL/archives/1999-03/Subject/article-210.html
the Corel project leader explictely mentions:

  4) General syntactic enhancements to make MSVC code compile.  This
  includes things like __stdcall, anonymous unions, etc etc.

Apparently those Cygnus employees assigned these task are not subscribed
to the egcs lists, however,... ;-)

Gerald