This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: strict_prototypes_lang_c
- To: Gavin Romig-Koch <gavin at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: strict_prototypes_lang_c
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at hurl dot cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:55:42 -0700
- cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <13942.31893.760353.315840@cetus.cygnus.com>you write:
> > Personally, I agree.
>
> >From this thread it sounded like the primary reason for turning
> on -trigraphs is to make "what's on by default" be a superset of
> ANSI/ISO because that would make the options simpler. If I
> understood this correctly, I think it's a mistake.
I can't speak for Mark, but for myself, it's merely a standards conformance
issue. When in doubt I'll err on the side of following a standard instead of
doing something non-standard.
jeff