Re: <bitset> in egcs?

> On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Thomas Matelich wrote:
> > [STL] Is there a reason that the version included by egcs
> > is out of date?
>
> The current CVS mainline and snapshots have the current STL, it's just the
> 1.1-release branch that has an older version -- for stability reasons, as
> I understood (i.e., as not to introduce untested code into the release).

The new STL is reasonably stable, but it would represent an interface
change, so when 1.1 came out we decided it should wait until 1.2.
(The new SGI STL came out after the 1.1 codefreeze but before the release,
otherwise it might have gone into 1.1).

When this decision was made I thought we were saying that 1.2 wouldn't
be that ambitious, so it would quickly follow 1.1, but since then
there has been a lot of work.  So the criteria for the 1.2 release haven't
really been set.