This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: EXECUTABLE_SUFFIX in xm-cygwin32.h


> Ok, I can't figure it out...  How is EXECUTABLE_SUFFIX supposed to
> work on a cygwin32 hosted cross compiler?  It is defined in the
> xm-cygwin32.h file, but it is used for output filenames of the
> compiler (see gcc.c: convert_filename).  This is only valid if the
> _target_ is cygwin (or nt or windows), not if the host is cygwin.  It
> seems there are two concepts, one is if the target needs it, the other
> is if the host needs it for programs like cc1plus.
> 
> Two concepts, two macros.  We don't seem to have two, do we?
> 
> I was testing with 1.0.2 style compilers, but the code looks the same
> in cvs now.  Maybe I just missed something that makes it work?

I think Richard Kenner added the stuff that appends the suffix to generated
executables (at least when you specify a -o without the suffix).

I'm not sure if he reads the egcs mailing list these days.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]