This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: No Fortran


On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Nathan Myers wrote:
> Whenever I build Egcs, I always specify only
> 
>   LANGUAGES="c c++"
> 
> yet the build invariably spends a great deal of time on 
> Fortran libraries.  

libf2c, I mean? I've been wondering why we compile that for "c c++",
too. Would a patch that only builds libf2c if "g77" is built as well be
accepted?

A simple solution is removing libf2c from your local CVS tree resp. from
your untared snapshot, by the way.

Gerald
-- 
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)      Vienna University of Technology
pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]