This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: Failed compile, SCO OSR 5.0.5



  In message <19980909101849.F11198@dgii.com>you write:
  > > cc -c  -DIN_GCC    -g      -I. -I.. -I../../../egcs/gcc/java -I../../../e
  > gcs/gcc/java/.. -I../../../egcs/gcc/java/../config -I../../../egcs/gcc/java
  > /../../include ../../../egcs/gcc/java/mangle.c
  > > "../../../egcs/gcc/java/javaop.h", line 54: error: invalid type combinati
  > on
  > > "../../../egcs/gcc/java/javaop.h", line 116: warning: shift count negativ
  > e or too big: << 32
  > > "../../../egcs/gcc/java/javaop.h", line 116: warning: shift count negativ
  > e or too big: << 32
  > 
  > 
  > Hmmm.   I don't know why I didn't notice this yesterday.
  > 
  > I think this will fail for any bootstrap compiler that doesn't support
  > 'long long'.  I suspect the real problem is that java shouldn't be built
  > in stage1 during a bootstrap and should have the build deferred until
  > the stage2 (xgcc) compile is availble.   Why is it being built at all?
I believe Tom fixed this last night.

jeff


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]