This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

RE: BUILDING EGCS-19980816 ON CYGWIN32 -Reply


On Thu, 20 Aug 1998 tprince@cat.e-mail.com wrote:

> With regard to the W95 question, it appears that the
> pseudo-symlinks need to be discarded and rebuilt to take full
> advantage of new installed versions of sh.exe make.exe et al.  It
> seems there are better versions of ash than the one in the
> Cygnus kit.  I'm hoping to make some progress there.

fyi, I finally got up the courage to bootstrap on W95, and it "seemed
to" go ok. I am however up-to-date on all the tools, including the
latest winsup development snapshot. I say "seemed to" because I haven't
really run the testsuite on it! I'm going to copy to my NT laptop
before I even attempt to run the testsuite.

I didn't have the peculiar problem Tim sees in auto-configuration, 
and I suspect it's a shell issue. I'm using a very recent snapshot 
of bash to run configure and other scripts, and that may be an issue.

I did manage to lock up the machine a few times while trying this, but 
that's not unusual when doing anything on a W95. The friend I borrowed 
the machine from wasn't amused at my chuckles and sneers.

We're getting there.

Mumit




Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]