This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch] Adjust one more error message to use rich_location::add_range
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 14:18:58 -0400
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch] Adjust one more error message to use rich_location::add_range
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 6:58 AM, Paolo Carlini <email@example.com> wrote:
> I was double checking my pending patch and going through the errors we emit
> in decl.c and elsewhere about thread_local and __thread and noticed another
> place, in parser.c, where using rich_location::add_range seems natural.
> Note, we could in principle swap location and
> decl_specs->locations[ds_thread] in the error basing on the gnu bool and
> ensure that the caret always points to __thread. All in all, I don't think
> it's worth it...
> Thanks, Paolo.