This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR 64256
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 23:50:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR 64256
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGWvnymmcQJ_QzRJy1nG1HayakpPuHA6ASNgc+akt1kgPPE_0w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 02/06/15 19:32, David Edelsohn wrote:
Well, I thought I was going to have the oldest BZ fixed for this
release, but you beat me by a mile.
After a lot of investigation, I believe that I have learned why stabs
debugging on AIX disabled use of continuations. GDB, IBM DBX and IBM
XLDB are able to work with stab string continuations produced by GCC.
I am enabling it using definitions that match the behavior of IBM XL
compilers to avoid any unexpected behavior and hopefully be able to
reproduce any future errors with native tools to expedite fixes.
XCOFF32 uses an unsigned short for the stabstring length for a maximum
length of 64K, but XLC limits the size to 16K. XLC also uses '?' as a
continuation character instead of '\\'. GDB accepts '?' as an
alternate continuation character.
Bootstrapped on powerpc-ibm-aix188.8.131.52.
* xcoffout.h (DBX_CONTIN_LENGTH): Define as 16384.
Glad to see this resolved.