This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR 64256
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>,David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>,GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 11:32:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR 64256
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGWvnymmcQJ_QzRJy1nG1HayakpPuHA6ASNgc+akt1kgPPE_0w at mail dot gmail dot com> <54D5B5BE dot 3030406 at redhat dot com>
On February 7, 2015 7:50:38 AM CET, Jeff Law <email@example.com> wrote:
>On 02/06/15 19:32, David Edelsohn wrote:
>> After a lot of investigation, I believe that I have learned why stabs
>> debugging on AIX disabled use of continuations. GDB, IBM DBX and IBM
>> XLDB are able to work with stab string continuations produced by GCC.
>> I am enabling it using definitions that match the behavior of IBM XL
>> compilers to avoid any unexpected behavior and hopefully be able to
>> reproduce any future errors with native tools to expedite fixes.
>> XCOFF32 uses an unsigned short for the stabstring length for a
>> length of 64K, but XLC limits the size to 16K. XLC also uses '?' as
>> continuation character instead of '\\'. GDB accepts '?' as an
>> alternate continuation character.
>> Bootstrapped on powerpc-ibm-aix126.96.36.199.
>> Thanks, David
>> PR debug/2714
>> PR bootstrap/64256
>> * xcoffout.h (DBX_CONTIN_LENGTH): Define as 16384.
>> (DBX_CONTIN_CHAR): Define.
>Well, I thought I was going to have the oldest BZ fixed for this
>release, but you beat me by a mile.
>Glad to see this resolved.
Indeed. Please also consider back porting this to release branches.