This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch] PR 31671
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 23:55:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch] PR 31671
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52569E93 dot 7040803 at oracle dot com> <5256F173 dot 1070806 at redhat dot com> <52570087 dot 3010003 at oracle dot com>
On 10/10/2013 03:31 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
On 10/10/2013 08:26 PM, Jason Merrill wrote:
On 10/10/2013 08:33 AM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
+ expr_type = TREE_TYPE (expr) = cp_build_qualified_type
+ (TREE_TYPE (expr), cp_type_quals (TREE_TYPE (probe_type)));
Won't that end up being the same as the contents of expr_type before
this statement? Can we just remove this assignment?
Sorry. Having figured out where the problem was, I messed up very badly
when I prepared the actual patch for submission. The below makes much
more sense to me.
+ expr_type = TREE_TYPE (probe_type);
Again, won't that set expr_type to the value it already had? I'd prefer
to just have a comment that we're leaving it alone.