This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] alternative hirate for builtin_expert
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramrad01 at arm dot com>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Dehao Chen <dehao at google dot com>, Rong Xu <xur at google dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Li <davidxl at google dot com>
- Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 12:23:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] alternative hirate for builtin_expert
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAF1bQ=Q_eiCz8AYkU-c=Xu7quQ0vy8eP=pi9QZt+QOF4vicnsg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131002160827 dot GB7181 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <CAF1bQ=Snvzzmm=AEr-crrKhopRugKbcExH+wFCyCcgZZHz+Uow at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131002213102 dot GE7181 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <CAF1bQ=R+oNesEedf_8-oVtQBgWSZMvEegtY-Z_LgsMfVj4qpqg at mail dot gmail dot com> <524EBD0D dot 9060608 at arm dot com> <CAF1bQ=Rg2pxmH5Cwakei=Z_hmGfXvpKgN1RxUosBtKWGzdwgmg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAO2gOZUEuZmWSMSP2fVo=caQgLbJ3c+kCw-5ya6UKEuyYVKOfw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131004185416 dot GC7530 at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <CAO2gOZXigCZ-JeziCiJbfgbA7Ynx-odvHU7C4N23jWA74qJ75Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131004212324 dot GD7530 at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <525286CA dot 2040004 at arm dot com>
On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Ramana Radhakrishnan <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 10/04/13 22:23, Jan Hubicka wrote:
>>> On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Jan Hubicka <email@example.com> wrote:
>>>>> I looked at this problem. Bug updated
>>>>> This is a bug when updating block during tree-inline. Basically, it is
>>>>> legal for *n to be NULL. E.g. When gimple_block(id->gimple_call) is
>>>>> NULL, remap_blocks_to_null will be called to set *n to NULL.
>>>> The NULL in gimple_block (gimple_call) comes from the call introduced by
>>> That is correct.
>>>> I remember that ipa-split used to try to put the call into block since
>>>> we was ICEing
>>>> in similar ways previously, too. Perhaps this has changed with new
>>>> BLOCK representation?
>>> The new BLOCK representation does not change this. I think it makes
>>> sense to leave the block of newly introduced call_stmt as NULL because
>>> when it's inlined back, we don't want to add additional block layers.
>> You are right, it may be result of Jakub's changes in the area (to improve
>> debug info
>> after inlining back). I guess the patch makes sense then.
> It at-least fixes the issues I've been seeing on arm-none-linux-gnueabihf.
> The build has atleast gone past that point and I should have some test
> results later today.
> I don't know enough in that area to comment further on the technical aspects
> of the patch but it doesn't look outrageous from my point of view .
> Can someone comment / approve it quickly so that we get AArch32 and AArch64
> linux cross-builds back up ?