This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] alternative hirate for builtin_expert
- From: Dehao Chen <dehao at google dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: Rong Xu <xur at google dot com>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramrad01 at arm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Li <davidxl at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 12:57:03 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] alternative hirate for builtin_expert
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAF1bQ=TH5+Qfd1MsAUDBJj+F-zizymTTGh7HxyuXUbaPqd-mng at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAF1bQ=Q_eiCz8AYkU-c=Xu7quQ0vy8eP=pi9QZt+QOF4vicnsg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131002160827 dot GB7181 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <CAF1bQ=Snvzzmm=AEr-crrKhopRugKbcExH+wFCyCcgZZHz+Uow at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131002213102 dot GE7181 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <CAF1bQ=R+oNesEedf_8-oVtQBgWSZMvEegtY-Z_LgsMfVj4qpqg at mail dot gmail dot com> <524EBD0D dot 9060608 at arm dot com> <CAF1bQ=Rg2pxmH5Cwakei=Z_hmGfXvpKgN1RxUosBtKWGzdwgmg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAO2gOZUEuZmWSMSP2fVo=caQgLbJ3c+kCw-5ya6UKEuyYVKOfw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131004185416 dot GC7530 at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Jan Hubicka <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I looked at this problem. Bug updated
>> This is a bug when updating block during tree-inline. Basically, it is
>> legal for *n to be NULL. E.g. When gimple_block(id->gimple_call) is
>> NULL, remap_blocks_to_null will be called to set *n to NULL.
> The NULL in gimple_block (gimple_call) comes from the call introduced by ipa-split?
That is correct.
> I remember that ipa-split used to try to put the call into block since we was ICEing
> in similar ways previously, too. Perhaps this has changed with new BLOCK representation?
The new BLOCK representation does not change this. I think it makes
sense to leave the block of newly introduced call_stmt as NULL because
when it's inlined back, we don't want to add additional block layers.