This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] simplify emit_delay_sequence
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 21:34:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] simplify emit_delay_sequence
- References: <CABu31nNZfrCX8Y9ZhT39WDq7EMUa=AuGq9HOpgAFv1nUaUeGMw at mail dot gmail dot com> <1712084 dot Wt0mQ0GBSs at polaris>
On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Eric Botcazou <email@example.com> wrote:
> @@ -538,6 +502,8 @@ emit_delay_sequence (rtx insn, rtx list, int lengt
> INSN_LOCATION (seq_insn) = INSN_LOCATION (tem);
> INSN_LOCATION (tem) = 0;
> + /* Remove any REG_DEAD notes because we can't rely on them now
> + that the insn has been moved. */
> for (note = REG_NOTES (tem); note; note = next)
> next = XEXP (note, 1);
> Did you mean to move the comment instead of duplicating it?
No, it's a merge mistake. My copy of this function in sched-dbr
doesn't have the switch (it doesn't delete insns and re-inserts them,
it simply moves them, so updating label notes is not necessary) and I
just copied the comment before the loop. Then I merged back some of
the changes to reorg.c and messed up :-)
Thanks for the review. Committed.