This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix bootstrap fail on spu vs. ira.c/genpreds
- From: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- To: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:36:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix bootstrap fail on spu vs. ira.c/genpreds
- References: <49F5C69B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <49F5CE9E.email@example.com> <49F5DEC9.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Dave Korn wrote:
Vladimir Makarov wrote:There is a sense in your words too. So on the second thought, I'd go
for your patch. Unfortunately for this case, I am not a maintainer of
this part of compiler. So my ok is not an approval for committing the
patch. I think Ian could do that. I am CCing the email to him.
* ira.c (setup_cover_and_important_classes): Use safe macro
REG_CLASS_FOR_CONSTRAINT instead of calling regclass_for_constraint
* genpreds.c (write_tm_preds_h): Output suitable definition of
The patch posted in
is done for older version of ira.c.
Oops, yes; I updated it before I started the build, here's the current version.
Other than that the patch is ok. Although, personally, I'd prefer the
following patch (because it does not create a new macro which is used only
in one place of the compiler):
Your solution is clean, but if anyone ever wants to call
regclass_for_constraint again in the future we might run into the same problem
again, might we not? I don't really mind which patch goes in, it's your call.
In any case thanks for the patch, Dave.