This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[PATCH] Fix bootstrap fail on spu vs. ira.c/genpreds
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:52:11 +0100
- Subject: [PATCH] Fix bootstrap fail on spu vs. ira.c/genpreds
As discussed on the main list earlier today[*], there is currently an
implicit assumption in ira.c that every backend implements at least one
define_register_constraint; when the backend doesn't, genpreds does not output
any definition for regclass_for_constraint and then ira.c (which refers to it
unguarded) fails to link.
* ira.c (setup_cover_and_important_classes): Use safe macro
REG_CLASS_FOR_CONSTRAINT instead of calling regclass_for_constraint
* genpreds.c (write_tm_preds_h): Output suitable definition of
The attached patch fixes the reported bug according to Revital; I'm putting
it through a bootstrap right now (all languages except for Ada), on
i686-pc-cygwin, which is a platform that won't hit the new code paths, so can
I skip running the testsuites? Ok for trunk?
[*] - http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2009-04/threads.html#00696