This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR28900, non-gimple from tree-ifcvt
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 21:31:25 -0600 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR28900, non-gimple from tree-ifcvt
On Sun, 3 Sep 2006, Richard Guenther wrote:
> 2006-09-03 Richard Guenther <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> PR tree-optimization/28900
> * tree-if-conv.c (find_phi_replacement_condition): Gimplify
> compound conditional before creating COND_EXPR condition.
> * gcc.dg/torture/pr28900.c: New testcase
This is OK for mainline, and for the 4.1 branch after a few days
I do think there may be some merit in Andrew Pinski's suggestion
of handling TRUTH_NOT_EXPR nodes explicitly instead of via
gimplification. However it's unclear if that's always caught
and cleaned up by later passes, and/or how rare/frequent it is.
But the current minimal patch looks reasonable for backporting
as a P1 regression fix to the 4.1 branch.