This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: MEM_REF
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>, irar at il dot ibm dot com, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 15:14:04 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: MEM_REF
- References: <1116273133.7722.46.camel@dyn9002218215>
On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 03:52:12PM -0400, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> MEM_REF is a generic array-like index + deref operation that looks like
> an ARRAY_REF, except is performed on pointers. ARRAY_REF requires it's
> argument to be an aggregate, and this is not easy nor necessarily
> desirable to change.
Work with Zdeneck so that we have only one of MEM_REF and MEM_TARGET_REF.
If Diego can help get aliasing issues sorted, I'm leaning toward