This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Some ivopts improvements
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 15:18:01 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] Some ivopts improvements
- References: <20050516192429.GC16082@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 09:24:29PM +0200, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
> 2) number_of_iterations_cond uses tree_expr_nonnegative_p to detect
> whether we are not dealing with paradoxical loops. This test fails
> when the control variable is unsigned, since then
> tree_expr_nonnegative_p is always true.
Got a test case for this one?
> * tree-ssa-loop-ivopts.c (find_bivs, find_givs_in_stmt_scev): Apply
> expand_simple_operations to bases of the ivs.
> (tree_int_cst_sign_bit): Export.
> * tree-flow.h (expand_simple_operations): Declare.
> * tree-ssa-loop-niter.c (number_of_iterations_cond): Use
> (expand_simple_operations): Export.
> * tree.h (tree_int_cst_sign_bit): Declare.