This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch: rs6000 specific
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: dalej at apple dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 08:28:01 -0800
- Subject: Re: patch: rs6000 specific
- References: <200112051603.LAA26394@makai.watson.ibm.com>
David Edelsohn wrote:
> I do not accept your premise that once GCC defaults to one thing
> which violates IEEE compliance that anything is fair game. The potential
> effects of the lack of compliance are gradual.
I don't understand this myself. It sounds like you're trying to
distinguish degrees of noncompliance, but if so, what is the
measure you want to use?