This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Recognise comments in preprocessed source
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Recognise comments in preprocessed source
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 22:31:24 +0100
- Cc: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
Unfortunately we weren't able to build much of a concensus on this.
As a joint maintainer of cpplib, I guess it's my job to make a
I think accepting comments, which presumably have come from the -C
option, is more consistent and helpful than not doing so. So I've
decided to revert Nathan's patch of 2 weeks ago that disabled this
I've applied this to branch and mainline.
* cpplex.c (_cpp_lex_token): Revert patch of 16 May 2001
so that we do accept comments in preprocessed input.
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/gcc/gcc/cpplex.c,v
retrieving revision 1.144
diff -u -p -r1.144 cpplex.c
--- cpplex.c 2001/05/23 22:50:24 1.144
+++ cpplex.c 2001/05/30 21:12:32
@@ -1001,8 +1001,6 @@ _cpp_lex_token (pfile, result)
if (c != '/' && c != '*')
- if (buffer->from_stage3)
if (c == '*')