Re: [Consult] tile: How to construct testsuite for tile architecture without hardware.

On 02/04/2015 01:24 AM, Mike Stump wrote:
> On Feb 3, 2015, at 6:20 AM, Chen Gang S <gang.chen@sunrus.com.cn> wrote:
>> If what I said above is really correct, for me, we have to try to find
>> another ways to solve this issue (it is not worthy enough to modify
>> quite a few code only for avoiding the suggesting warnings).
>
> So, ultimately, it is reasonable to ask, is it better to so fix the warnings or leave them as is…

OK, thanks. And excuse me, originally, I am not quite familiar with gcc,
so the related consult may be not quite precise.

> Also, one is free to research better techniques on how to either improve the warning or eliminate it entirely.  For example, one could have an modeless operation be auto (a la C++) instead of always VOIDmode and have auto turn into VOIDmode unless the mode can be deduced.  For example (set (reg:auto ) (and:DI )) deduces to DI.  Maybe failure to deduce would be what  we warn for.  This could be another way to get rid of some of the warnings.

OK, thank you for your suggestions and ideas.

For me, I prefer to add additional mode in rtl template (e.g. IVOIDmode)
to let genrecog know about the rtl template intends to use VOIDmode, so
needn't warn again (only treat IVOIDmode as VOIDmode without warning).

 - Just like most of languages (C, C++), can use type cast to avoid
   warnings, so it is easy understanding to add the same features for
   rtl template.

 - This modification is the lowest cost: not only tile, but also I guess
   another archs may also have this kind of issue.

 - This modification is easy and clear enough to be documented to let
   all other members know about it. And it also compitables with all
   original rtl template features.

Welcome any additional ideas, suggestions and completions.

Thanks.
--
Open, share, and attitude like air, water, and life which God blessed.