This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Building a uclibc based toolchain


Hello all,
I am trying to build my own uClibc based linux toolchain for a new architecture.

I follow the following steps:

1 - I compile binutils
2 - I copy the specific and generic linux headers (from my port of
linux) into ${HEADERS_DIR}
3 - I compile gcc only with --enable-language=c and
--with-headers=${HEADERS_DIR}
4 - I compile uClibc with the previously compiled gcc
5 - I recompile gcc with --enable-language=c,c++

All is fine for the four first steps.
But I have a question:

When uClibc building is done, where should I install the uClibc
libraries (libc.a, librt.a, etc...)
and headers?

Where gcc expects to find them?

Because, when I recompile gcc (step 5), I get GCC_NO_EXECUTABLE fatal error.
The config.log shows me that the crt1.o and some standard headers are missing..

Thanks in advance for your help.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]