This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

RE: Building a uclibc based toolchain


The sequence that I follow while building an uClinux toolchain is like: 
1. Building ELF compiler (only Binutils and GCC, no libraries)
2. Building elf2flt tools (ELF)
3. Building uClinux kernel
4. Building uClibc variants
5. Building uClinux toolchain
6. Building elf2flt tools  (uClinux)

> When uClibc building is done, where should I install the uClibc
> libraries (libc.a, librt.a, etc...)
> and headers?

The uClibc libraries are to be installed at: 
prefix/<target>-uclinux/runtime/usr e.g. prefix/arm-uclinux/runtime/usr

One should copy both 'include' and 'lib' contents at this path.
You may need to create appropriate folders for multiple variants e.g. I copy 
non-PIC libraries at above path whereas PIC libraries in the separate 
subfolder at the same path.

Thanks and Regards,
Jayant



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]