Re: Complex half-word operations

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Ayonam Ray <ayonam@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, don't you think I need to add similar support to the other
> passes down the line so that they understand the operation? ?Any
> pointers there?

This is an RTL level thing.  The RTL level doesn't have any real understanding
of its operations anyhow.  The combine pass implements optimizations by simply
looking at patterns defined in the backend.  So while its possible that you will
need to add a few tweaks here and there, I would not expect that anything
major would be required once you're generating the right patterns.

Ian