This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Complex half-word operations


On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Ayonam Ray <ayonam@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't think the gcc middle-end has any support for machines which provide
>> special handling for complex int. ?I think the middle-end always breaks up
>> complex int operations into pairs of int operations. ?So to make this work you
>> would probably have to add that support.
>>
>
> Thanks Ian for the reply. ?Can you please point me to the files in the
> middle-end where I may find the relevant code?

There are probably multiple places to look.  I would start with genopinit.c
and expr.c.  Look for support for complex float and see how to add support
for complex int.  This won't be a simple task, and you'll need to have a
pretty clear understanding of how gcc works internally.

Ian


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]