This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: CDImode in reg


Aurelien Buhrig <aurelien.buhrig.gcc@gmail.com> writes:

>>> So it should be skipped and the ICE is the normal behavior for such
>>> irrelevant test cases ?
>>
>> Personally, I don't really think an ICE is ever an acceptable result
>> from the compiler. ÂHowever, there are practical considerations. ÂNobody
>> is ever going to write code like that for your processor. ÂIf gets an
>> ICE, no real programmer is ever going to notice. ÂAnd if it didn't get
>> an ICE it would get an error instead. ÂSo it's really up to you how much
>> effort you want to put in to generating a proper error message rather
>> than an ICE.
>
> I agree. BTW, I wonder how I could handle such an ICE from my backend
> if I wanted to.

I don't know--I don't know exactly what is causing the ICE.

Ian


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]