This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: CDImode in reg


>> So it should be skipped and the ICE is the normal behavior for such
>> irrelevant test cases ?
>
> Personally, I don't really think an ICE is ever an acceptable result
> from the compiler. ?However, there are practical considerations. ?Nobody
> is ever going to write code like that for your processor. ?If gets an
> ICE, no real programmer is ever going to notice. ?And if it didn't get
> an ICE it would get an error instead. ?So it's really up to you how much
> effort you want to put in to generating a proper error message rather
> than an ICE.

I agree. BTW, I wonder how I could handle such an ICE from my backend
if I wanted to.

Thanks
Aurélien


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]