This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: ARM GCC rename static functions?


Pan ruochen <panruochen@gmail.com> writes:

> Well, there is not a symbol named 'register_signal_handler' in a.out.
> I think gcc creates a new internal name T.25 to substitute the
> original register_signal_handler for some purpose.
> Is there any option to disable this feature?
> I really think it brings me troubles in translating the T.xx stuff
> back to the original symbol names when I have to read the unassembly
> code.

Besides Andrew's answer, renaming the symbol back to the original would
be very misleading, as the new function does not take the same arguments
as the original.

Ian


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]