This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: ARM GCC rename static functions?


Well, there is not a symbol named 'register_signal_handler' in a.out.
I think gcc creates a new internal name T.25 to substitute the
original register_signal_handler for some purpose.
Is there any option to disable this feature?
I really think it brings me troubles in translating the T.xx stuff
back to the original symbol names when I have to read the unassembly
code.

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> When optimizing, gcc generates clones of functions that are specialized to
> particular tasks. ?T.25 is a clone of register_signal_handler() that is
> specialized to my_signal_handler(). ?You can see this if you read the assembly
> language output.
>
> Andrew.
>

-- 

Best Regards,
Pan Ruochen


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]